DIABETES PREVENTION PROGRAM DETAILS
The 12-month group-based program consists of 19 sessions in the first 6 months, followed by 6 sessions over the next 6 months. Classes are led by a trained lifestyle coach who facilitates a small group of people with similar goals.
Discuss topics such as healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing stress, problem solving, and much more. Stay motivated to maintain progress towards program goals with monthly maintenance sessions.
- Lose 7% of your body weight
- Gradually increase your physical activity to 150 minutes per week.
You will do this by learning strategies for:
- Healthy Eating — Eating smaller portions, reducing fat in your diet and discovering healthier food options has been proven to help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes.
- Increasing Physical Activity — Studies have repeatedly shown that moderate physical activity (walking, swimming, mowing the lawn) for as little as 30 minutes, five days a week can help improve your blood pressure, raise your good cholesterol and prevent blood flow problems.
- Losing Weight — It has been shown that reducing your body weight by even a small amount (as little as 7%) can offer tremendous benefits for people at risk for diabetes.
Based on research funded by the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the program has been shown to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 58%. The reduction was even greater, 71%, among adults over 60 years old.
For More Information:
email@example.com / 541-686-9622